SUPERMAN 126, January 1959, was published around November 6, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10 cents. Mort Weisinger was the editor, and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye. All three stories were reprinted in SUPERMAN: THE MAN OF TOMORROW ARCHIVES vol. I and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN vol. I.
- SUPERMAN'S HUNT FOR CLARK KENT (10 pgs.) written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
- THE SPELL OF THE SHANDU CLOCK (8 pgs.) written by Jerry Coleman, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
- THE TWO FACES OF SUPERMAN (8 pgs.) written by Jerry Coleman and drawn by Kurt Schaffenberger.
ACTION COMICS #248, January 1959, was published around November 27, 1958. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of a dime. The editor was Mort Weisinger and the cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
The 12 page Superman story was titled THE MAN NO PRISON COULD HOLD, written by Bill Finger, pencilled by Wayne Boring and inked by Stan Kaye.
- Congo Bill starred in the 7 page story THE AMAZING CONGORILLA, written by Robert Bernstein and drawn by Howard Sherman. It told the origin story of Congorilla.
- Tommy Tomorrow starred in the 6 page story, THE GRAVEYARD OF SPACE, written by Otto Binder and drawn by Jim Mooney.
Elsewhere in DC Comics, 32 titles carried the January or January/February 1958 cover date.
Next episode: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED DECEMBER 1955: SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #9!
In 2 weeks: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOKS COVER DATED FEBRUARY 1959: SUPERMAN 127 & ACTION COMICS 249!
You can join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups or pages on facebook, and follow both the podcast and blog on twitter @supermanpodcast.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
The COMICS PODCAST NETWORK! - http://www.comicspodcasts.com/,
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://www.supermanpodcastnetwork.com/ !
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is at http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com/ . Send e-mail about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme of this podcast is PLANS IN MOTION, composed by Kevin MacLeod, and part of the royalty free music library at http://incompetech.com.
MY PULL LIST is my spoiler free comic book review blog of the titles I read every week. It can be found at http://mypulllist.blogspot.com/. Send e-mail about this blog to email@example.com.
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.